miscjoy

MiscJoy

Writer. Book Reviewer. Shower Singer. Gadget Girl.

(Reviews posted at The Book Pushers)

The Art of Stealing Time - Katie MacAlister

I really didn’t know what to expect when I picked this book up for review. Although new to the series, I found the glossary at the back useful and didn’t have much trouble following this book. It seems some characters from the first book make a cameo, but the focus is primarily on a new couple, Gwen and Gregory. I do recommend reading the short-story included with the book (for me, it was located in the front of the eARC) as it details when Gwen and Gregory first met. I think the story itself would be confusing without this bit of introduction.

The narrative takes a mad-capped, farcical tone throughout, which while fun at times, makes it difficult to provide any sort of analysis of the plot or its characters. I don’t think its meant to be taken quite so seriously. The plot plays it fast and loose, introducing new elements at every corner to suit the purpose of the scene. It felt a bit like taking a trip down the rabbit hole.

...

On the whole, there just wasn’t much for me to hold on to....

Read the full review as posted at The Book Pushers: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/08/30/review-the-art-of-stealing-time-traveller-2-by-katie-macalister/

Source: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/08/30/review-the-art-of-stealing-time-traveller-2-by-katie-macalister