miscjoy

MiscJoy

Writer. Book Reviewer. Shower Singer. Gadget Girl.

(Reviews posted at The Book Pushers)

Scent of Salvation

Scent of Salvation - Annie Nicholas

...MiscJoy: I think my main complaint about the book is the lack of depth. We weren’t given much if any focus on the character’s development — they were just presented in the story as fully formed and didn’t really go through a progression based on interior motivations. Plot points and conflicts just sorta happened and then were easily resolved without much consequence. The villain turned out not to be much of a villain. These issues meant the tension fell flat for me...

...MiscJoy: I enjoyed the relationship that developed between Sorin and Susan. I liked how Sorin saw Susan’s strength in her intellect and her ability to serve the pack even if he wasn’t sure how the pack would accept her since, as a culture, they primarily saw value based on physical strength and dominance.

Even though I felt the story suffered from an overall sense of depth and some confusion in the worldbuilding, I do think that the writing style was quite readable. The author did a good job at writing an active narrative and kept the story moving forward at a good pace...

Read the full joint review posted at The Book Pushers: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/08/01/joint-review-scent-of-salvation-by-annie-nicholas/

Source: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/08/01/joint-review-scent-of-salvation-by-annie-nicholas