miscjoy

MiscJoy

Writer. Book Reviewer. Shower Singer. Gadget Girl.

(Reviews posted at The Book Pushers)

Hearts of Shadow (Deadglass #2)

Hearts of Shadow - Kira Brady

..MiscJoy: I also thought the premise looked fascinating and was excited to get a review copy of Hearts of Shadow. What hooked me in, however, was the author’s writing style. I enjoyed Brady’s voice and approach to the story development. She kept the writing active and the pace moving forward. Even though I had a few quibbles here and there, I can forgive much when the author’s writing style is strong.

I enjoyed how Grace and Leif’s characters developed both individually as well as together. I got a sense of who each character was as a person before the romance fully blossomed. I liked Grace’s spunky (if at times, stubborn) attitude and her courage in the face of overwhelming odds. I also enjoyed Leif’s progression from reclusive-scientist-cum-reluctant-leader to someone who fully embraced the challenge set before him. I admired both Grace and Leif’s willingness to make tough choices and find solutions to the dangerous dilemmas that faced them...

Read the full joint review posted at The Book Pushers: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/06/06/joint-review-hearts-of-shadow-deadglass-2-by-kira-brady/

Source: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/06/06/joint-review-hearts-of-shadow-deadglass-2-by-kira-brady